What is Skin Tightening Therapy?
• A skin tightening procedure is quite a rage with people, with many looking for therapy to get rid of their sagging loose skin or improve its appearance.
There are many creams available in the market claiming to provide a solution but at Cosmotree Clinic, we provide device-based procedures and lasers as opposed to lotions, proven to give effective results.
There are many factors that can cause sagging skin, but the most common are:
• Massive weight loss causing loose skin,
• Cellulite, and
Cosmotree Clinic offers the best and variety of non-surgical skin tightening therapy in Delhi. We tailor our technologies and therapy according to the patient, offering only what we believe will provide the best results for them.
Guide to Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
• Non-surgical skin tightening procedures work by using targeted energy instead of surgery.
• It involves heating deeper layers of skin, which stimulates collagen and elastin production and gradually improves skin tone and texture.
• There are many FDA cleared skin tightening therapy on the market; each uses a unique mechanism to achieve the desired result.
Why consider non-surgical skin tightening?
• As we age, production of collagen and elastin—two proteins that help our skin stay plump, firm and smooth—slows down, resulting in sagging skin on the face, neck and body.
• If you are seeking solution for sagging skin, non-surgical skin tightening can be an ideal choice to halt this process temporarily and restore a firmer, smoother, more youthful appearance with little to no downtime.
Benefits of non-surgical skin tightening:
• Tightens mild to moderately sagging skin on the face, neck or body without surgery.
• Many therapy can provide a noticeable “lifting” effect.
• Little to no downtime is needed.
• Generally therapy can be performed in 1 hour or less.
• Results can last up to 1 year.
• Almost no side effects.
Learn more about various skin tightening therapy:
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound( Also known as Ultherapy):
• It uses focused ultrasound energy, which heats skin at specific depths and locations to cause collagen production and help skin become firmer.
• Therapy are done through a handheld device, which transmits the ultrasound waves through the skin’s surface.
• Ultrasound technology has been used in medicine for many decades, and ultrasound skin tightening has an excellent safety profile.
Things to know about ultrasound skin tightening:
• Ultherapy, the most widely used name brand, is FDA cleared to be done mostly on the face.
• Effectively treats early signs of aging on the face and neck.
• Alternative to facelift surgery.
• Therapy take 30 to 90 minutes, with no downtime.
• One of the main concerns with HIFU or UL therapy therapy for our patients is the level of discomfort. It can be a painful therapy for some, especially the deeper penetration.
• Side effects are typically mild and include temporary redness, bruising, and numbness.
• Results are seen within 2 to 3 months and can last up to a year with good at-home skincare.
Radiofrequency (RF) therapy
• Radiofrequency (RF) energy can also be used to heat the skin and trigger collagen production.
• In contrast to Ultherapy, RF focuses on epidermal layers to achieve a firmer, smoother appearance.
Things to know about RF skin tightening:
• FDA cleared options can treat the face, neck, hands, and body.
• Therapy can be performed in-office, typically involve little to no discomfort, and require no downtime.
• Gentle on the skin, so ideal for sensitive skin type.
• Results appear gradually over several months following therapy.
• A series of 2 to 6 therapy may be recommended for effective results
IPL/RF combination therapy
• A third class of skin tightening therapy combine intense pulsed light (IPL) with radiofrequency (RF) to heat deeper layers of skin and induce the natural healing response, which in turn triggers collagen production.
• The addition of IPL allows a provider to treat skin at multiple levels and can help focus the RF energy for more effective therapy.
Things to know about IPL/RF combination therapy:
• Therapy can be performed in-office with little to no downtime.
• Patients typically experience little to no discomfort.
• Results appear gradually as the skin produces new collagen.
• A series of therapy may be recommended for optimal results.